1974–75 Northern Rugby Football League season
The 1974–75 Rugby Football League season was the 80th season of competition between the clubs of England's Northern Rugby Football League. The season's First Division Championship featured 16 clubs and was won by St. Helens. The Challenge Cup was won by Widnes.
|1974–75 Rugby Football League season|
|Top point-scorer(s)||Neil Fox (333)|
|Top try-scorer(s)||Gerald Dunn (42)|
|Promotion and relegation|
|Promoted from Second Division|| Huddersfield |
Hull Kingston Rovers
|Relegated to Second Division|| York |
- Drop goals became worth one point. Drops had previously been worth two points.
First Division ChampionshipEdit
Second Division ChampionshipEdit
Widnes beat Warrington 14-7 in the final played at Wembley in front of a crowd of 85,998.
This was Widnes’ fourth Cup Final win in sixth Final appearances.
Referee: P. Geraghty (York)
- de la Riviere, Richard, ed. (2009), "Top ten: Rugby league rules", Rugby League World, Brighouse, UK: League Publications (published August 2009) (340), p. 61, ISSN 1466-0105
- "1974-75 Season summary". Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- Raymond Fletcher; David Howes (1995). Rothmans Rugby League Yearbook 1995-1996. London: Headline Book Publishing. ISBN 0-7472-7817-2.
- "RFL Challenge Cup Roll of Honour". Archived from the original on 2010-01-06. Retrieved 2009-08-07.