The 1972–73 Idaho Vandals men's basketball team represented the University of Idaho during the 1972–73 NCAA University Division basketball season. Members of the Big Sky Conference, the Vandals were led by seventh-year head coach Wayne Anderson and played their home games on campus at the Memorial Gymnasium in Moscow, Idaho. They were 7–19 overall and 3–11 in conference play.
|1972–73 Idaho Vandals men's basketball|
|Conference||Big Sky Conference|
|Record||7–19 (3–11 Big Sky)|
|Home arena||Memorial Gymnasium|
|1972–73 Big Sky men's basketball standings|
No Vandals were named to the all-conference team; junior forward Steve Ton, junior guard Tyrone Fitzpatrick, and freshman guard Steve Weist were honorable mention. Weist was brought up from the freshman team in late January.
- Brown, Bruce (March 5, 1973). "Big Sky coaches seek added help (final standings)". Spokane Daily Chronicle. (Washington). p. 19.
- "Honors mounting up for Zags' Greg Sten". Spokane Daily Chronicle. (Washington). March 7, 1973. p. 31.
- "'Sky team named". Deseret News. (Salt Lake City, Utah). UPI. March 7, 1973. p. D4.
- "Zags, Idaho try to use home site advantages". Spokane Daily Chronicle. (Washington). February 2, 1973. p. 15.
- Brown, Bruce (March 5, 1973). "Big Sky coaches seek added help". Spokane Daily Chronicle. (Washington). p. 19.