Events in the year 1966 in Turkey.
|See also:||List of years in Turkey|
Ruling party and the main oppositionEdit
- 3 January – First pipeline of Turkey between Batman and İskenderun
- 26 March – A report by a medical board stating that the president Cemal Gürsel, a victim of paralysis was unable to resume his work. (This eventually led to the election of Cevdet Sunay as the president.)
- 29 May – Beşiktaş won the championship of Turkish football league.
- 5 June – Turkish Senate 1/3 by elections
- 28 June – 504 Turks in Erenköy enclave, Cyprus, sieged by Greek forces were evacuated.
- 8 July – President Cevdet Sunay pardons former president Celal Bayar.
- 19 August – The 6.8 Mw Varto earthquake shook the Muş Province with a maximum Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent), killing at least 2,394 and injuring up to 1,500.
- 17 September – Unity Party was founded
- 8 December – 65 soldiers in Dumlu died because of an accident.
- 2 February Hacı Ömer Sabancı , a well known industrialist
- 6 February Abdurrahman Nafiz Gürman , a former chief of staff
- 14 February – Ahmet Esat Tomruk (İngiliz Kemal) (aged 74), former secret agent
- 28 June – Fuat Köprülü former vice prime minister and academic
- 14 September – Cemal Gürsel, former president
- Türkiye'nin 70 yılı, Tempo, İstanbul, 1998, pp 189–193
- MS. "Türkiye Süper Lig 1965/1966, İddaa, Puan Durumu, Fikstür & Maç Sonuçları". Mackolik.com. Retrieved 2022-08-31.
- Heper, Metin (2009). Historical Dictionary of Turkey. Lanham, Maryland: The Scarecrow Press.