1964 NCAA Skiing Championships
The 1964 NCAA Skiing Championships were contested at the Cannon Mountain Ski Area in Franconia Notch, New Hampshire at the eleventh annual NCAA-sanctioned ski tournament to determine the individual and team national champions of men's collegiate alpine, cross country skiing, and ski jumping in the United States.
|Location||Franconia Notch and Lyme, New Hampshire|
|Dates||March 5–7, 1964|
|Venue(s)||Cannon Mountain (alpine)|
Dartmouth Skiway (nordic)
|4 events (7 titles)|
|Champions||Denver (8th title)|
Originally scheduled for March 5–7 at Dartmouth Skiway, rain forced a move of the alpine events to nearby Vermont at Mount Ascutney, and again to Cannon Mountain; the nordic events were held at Dartmouth on Friday. The downhill was replaced with a giant slalom on Saturday morning, followed by a slalom in the afternoon, both won by John Clough of Middlebury.
Four events were held, which yielded seven individual titles.
- Thursday: Downhill (cancelled, rain)
- Friday: Cross Country, Jumping
- Saturday: Giant slalom, Slalom
|Cross Country||Eddie Demers (2)||Western State||56:30|
|Giant slalom ^||John Clough||Middlebury||1:31.3|
|Jumping|| Frithjof Prydz
|Skimeister||Jennings Cress||Western State||336.0|
- ^ A giant slalom replaced the weather-cancelled downhill
- "NCAA Skiing Championships Results" (PDF). NCAA. NCAA.org. Retrieved December 22, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Denver again dominates NCAA ski championships". Nashua Telegraph. (New Hampshire). Associated Press. March 9, 1964. p. 13.
- "Denver wins 4th straight NCAA skiing crown". Lewiston Evening Journal. (Maine). Associated Press. March 9, 1964. p. 10.
- "Rain threatens ski races". Nashua Telegraph. (New Hampshire). Associated Press. March 5, 1964. p. 18.
- "Revise ski races at Dartmouth". Nashua Telegraph. (New Hampshire). Associated Press. March 6, 1964. p. 15.