1957 in France
Events from the year 1957 in France.
|See also:||Other events of 1957|
History of France • Timeline • Years
- 4 February - France prohibits United Nation involvement in Algeria.
- 1 March - Sud Aviation forms from a merger between SNCASE (Société Nationale de Constructions Aéronautiques du Sud Est) and SNCASO (Société Nationale de Constructions Aéronautiques du Sud Ouest).
- 20 March - Newspaper L'Express reveals that the French army tortures Algerian prisoners.
- 25 March - Treaty of Rome, signed by France, West Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg), establishes the European Economic Community (EEC).
- 26 May - Algerian politician killed by Algerian nationalists during soccer game
- First American writers of the Beat Generation (poets Allen Ginsberg and Peter Orlovsky) stay at the "Beat Hotel" (Hotel Rachou) in Paris.
- 4 January - Joël Bats, international soccer player and coach
- 11 January - Alain Lemercier, racewalker
- 13 January - Bruno Baronchelli, soccer player
- 12 March - Patrick Battiston, international soccer player
- 3 April - Yves Chaland, cartoonist (died 1990)
- 25 May - Véronique Augereau, actress
- 18 August - Carole Bouquet, actress
- 12 October - Rémi Laurent, actor (died 1989)
- 3 December - Valérie Quennessen, actress (died 1989)