1957 Reims Grand Prix
The XXIII (23rd) Reims Grand Prix (also known as the II Grand Prix de Reims), was a non-championship Formula One motor race, held on July 14, 1957, at the Reims-Gueux circuit, near Reims in France. The race was run over 61 laps on an 8.302 km circuit of public roads and was won by Italian driver Luigi Musso in a Lancia-Ferrari D50. The race weekend suffered the deaths of Bill Whitehouse and Herbert MacKay-Fraser in separate accidents during the 1st Coupe de Vitesse Formula 2 support race.
|1957 Reims Grand Prix|
|Non-championship race in the 1957 Formula One season|
|Date||July 14, 1957|
|Official name||XXIII Grand Prix de Reims|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||8.302 km (5.158 mi)|
|Distance||61 laps, 506.422 km (314.676 mi)|
|Driver||Jean Behra||Maserati 250F|
The Grand Prix de Reims (commonly known as the Reims Grand Prix) has its roots in the pre WW2 Grand Prix de la Marne GP racing series, also known as the Marne Grand Prix (1925-1937). The first "Grand Prix de Reims" (official name: XVI Grand Prix de Reims) was the first major Grand Prix motor race held at Reims-Gueux after WW2. Post war political and financial re-organization moved the nationally sanctioned Grand Prix de France (Grand Prix de l'ACF) to the circuit Rouen les Essarts and renamed the old Marne GP to Grand Prix de Reims, officially billed as the XVI Grand Prix de Reims (based on the GP de Marne year sequence).
- "1957 II Grand Prix de Reims". statsf1.com. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- "GP '57 - XXIII Grand Prix de Reims". second-a-lap.blogspot.com. Retrieved August 2, 2014.
- "II Grand Prix de Reims 1957". formula2.net. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- "1957 XXIII Grand Prix de Reims". silhouet.com. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- "Palmares des GP du Circuit de Reims-Gueux (French Language)". amis-du-circuit-de-gueux.fr. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- JM Fangio - 1957 Francia,. XXIII Grand Prix de Reims
- Vanwall's breakthrough win
- Après le GRAND PRIX de l’ACF 1957 REIMS (French language)
- Italy's Maserati privateer
- Drivers: Harry Schell
1957 Naples Grand Prix
|Formula One non-championship races
1957 Caen Grand Prix
1947 Reims Grand Prix
|Reims Grand Prix||Next race:|
1962 Reims Grand Prix