The year 1954 in architecture involved some significant events.
|Buildings and structures+...|
Buildings and structures edit
Buildings opened edit
- April – Bevin Court public housing in the London borough of Finsbury, designed by Berthold Lubetkin with Francis Skinner and Douglas Carr
- Autumn – Inauguration of the city district of Vällingby, in Stockholm, Sweden, planned by Sven Markelius
- date unknown
Buildings completed edit
- date unknown
- Hunstanton Secondary Modern School, Hunstanton, Norfolk, England, designed by Peter and Alison Smithson, is completed
- St Mary and St Joseph Roman Catholic Church on the Lansbury Estate in Poplar, East London, designed by Adrian Gilbert Scott, is completed
- Goddard House, 22 Avenue Road, Stoneygate, Leicester, England, designed by Fello Atkinson and Brenda Walker of James Cubitt & Partners
- Martin's (private house), Toys Hill, Brasted, Kent, England, designed by Powell and Moya, is completed
- February 25 – Auguste Perret, French architect, pioneer of reinforced concrete (born 1874)
- March 28 – Kaare Klint, Danish architect and furniture designer (born 1888)
- December 12 – Alker Tripp, English town planner (born 1883)
- date unknown – Salvador Valeri i Pupurull, Catalan architect (born 1873)
- Donald Langmead; Christine Garnaut (2001). Encyclopedia of Architectural and Engineering Feats. ABC-CLIO. pp. 131. ISBN 978-1-57607-112-0.
- The Twentieth Century Society (2017). 100 Houses 100 Years. London: Batsford. ISBN 978-1-84994-437-3.
- Gillian Bebbington (1972). London Street Names. Batsford. p. 46. ISBN 978-0-7134-0140-0.
- Mats Deland (2001). The Social City: Middle-way Approaches to Housing and Suburban Governmentality in Southern Stockholm 1900 - 1945. Mats Deland. p. 9. ISBN 978-91-88882-17-2.
- Checkoway, Barry (1985). "Revitalizing an Urban Neighborhood: A St. Louis Case Study". The Metropolitan Midwest. Urbana/Chicago: University of Illinois Press: 245. ISBN 978-0-252-01114-6.
- Harwood, Elain (2003). England: a Guide to Post-War Listed Buildings (rev. ed.). London: Batsford. ISBN 0-7134-8818-2.
- "RC Church of St Mary and St Joseph, Poplar, London". Different Architecture for Different Times. manchesterhistory.net. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Grade II listed building.No. 1375665
- Dollens, Dennis L., ed. (1990). The Architecture of Enric Miralles and Carme Pinós. New York: SITES/Lumen. ISBN 093082914X.
- John Heskett; Kokusai Kōryū Kikin (1998). Japan 2000: architecture and design for the Japanese public. Prestel Verlag. p. 149. ISBN 978-0-86559-164-6.
- Damien Simonis (2003). Barcelona. National Geographic De. p. 170. ISBN 978-3-936559-01-9.