Events in the year 1930 in Vatican City.
- Sovereign Pontiff (Pope): Pope Pius XI
- Cardinal Secretary of State: Pietro Gasparri (until 7 February), Eugenio Pacelli (since 9 February)
- Governor of Vatican City: Camillo Serafini
- Early February – Pope Pius XI "vigorously protests" in a letter addressed to the Soviet government against the persecution of religion in the Soviet Union, and asks the faithful throughout the world join him in praying for the end of the oppression.
- 6 February – Pope Pius XI issues a Motu Proprio establishing the "historical section" of the sacred congregation of rites.
- 7 February – Secretary of State Pietro Gasparri resigns from his position, prompting Pope Pius XI to appoint Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli as the new Secretary of State.
- 25 March – SoS Cardinal Pacelli becomes the archpriest of St. Peter's Basilica.
- 15 July
- The quadrennial Marian Congress takes place in Lourdes, France, with Cardinal Jean Verdier serving as the Pope's Papal legate.
- The National Congress of Prayer's Apostolate takes place in Braga, Portugal, with Cardinal Manuel Gonçalves Cerejeira serving as the Pope's Papal legate.
- 24 December – Pope Pius XI holds the Vatican's annual Christmas address in the Consistorial Hall in the Apostolic Palace.
- 31 December – Pope Pius XI publishes the Casti connubii, which condemns neo-paganism and supports the formal emancipation of women.
- Early 1930 – The official english translation of the Pope Pius XI's encyclical on education is released.
- 1930–1933 – SoS Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli makes attempts to obtain a German a treaty for protection and continued rights of the Catholic Church and her Priests in the nation with the representatives of successive German governments, which turn out ultimately unsuccessful.
There were no deaths in the year 1931 in Vatican City, and there would not be until the year 1961.
- ^ a b "N.C.W.C. Review March, 1930". islandora.wrlc.org. Retrieved 31 May 2022.
- ^ XI, Pope Pius. "Motu Proprio del sommo Pontefice Pio XI (Motu Proprio of the great Pontiff Pius XI)". vatican.va (in Italian). Retrieved 2 June 2022.
- ^ "Lettera Si compie oggi del santo Padre Pio XI al card. Pietro Gasparri, in occasione della presentazione delle dimissioni da Segretario di Stato (Letter today of the holy father Pius XI to card. Pietro Gasparri, on the occasion of the presentation of the resignation as Secretary of State)". vatican.va (in Italian). Retrieved 24 May 2022.
- ^ "Lettera avendo noi creduto del santo padre Pio XI al card. Eugenio Pacelli, nominato Segretario di Stato (Letter we believed by the holy father Pius XI to card. Eugenio Pacelli, appointed Secretary of State)". vatican.va (in Italian). Retrieved 24 May 2022.
- ^ a b c "The Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church". cardinals.fiu.edu. Retrieved 24 May 2022.
- ^ "Discorso del santo padre Pius XI alla Curia Romana per la presentazione degli auguri Natalizi (Address of the holy father Pius XI to the Roman Curia for the presentation of the Christmas greetings)". vatican.va (in Italian). Retrieved 1 June 2022.
- ^ XI, Pope Pius. "Lettera Enciclica Casti Connubii (Encyclical Letter Casti Connubii)". vatican.va (in Italian). Retrieved 1 June 2022.
- ^ "Pio XI (1857-1939) (Pius XI (1857-1939))". vatican.va (in Italian). Retrieved 1 June 2022.
- ^ Ludwig Volk Das Reichskonkordat vom 20. Juli 1933.
- ^ Kunst, Father Richard. "February 7, 1930: Pope Pius XI Appoints Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli, Secretary of State, & Commentary by Father Richard Kunst". papalartifacts.com. Retrieved 24 May 2022.
- ^ Milestones TIME Magazine 11 August 1961.