This article needs additional citations for verification
. (October 2018)
The year 1875 in architecture involved some significant events.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- January 5 – Salle des Capucines in Paris, France, designed by Charles Garnier, is opened as the home of the Paris Opéra.
- June 13 — Sage Chapel at Cornell University, designed by Charles Babcock (architect), holds opening services.
- Sydney Town Hall in Sydney, Australia is completed.
- William Watts Sherman House, Newport, Rhode Island, designed by Henry Hobson Richardson, is built.
- The Hermannsdenkmal monument in Berlin, Germany, designed by sculptor Ernst von Bandel, is completed.