1823 in Ireland
Events from the year 1823 in Ireland.
|See also:||1823 in the United Kingdom|
Other events of 1823
List of years in Ireland
Arts and literatureEdit
- 1 January – Edward Butler, lawyer and politician in Australia (died 1879).
- 12 January – James Donnelly, Bishop of the Diocese of Clogher (died 1893).
- 23 January – Abraham Fitzgibbon, railway civil engineer in the British empire (died 1887 in England)
- 26 March – Ann Jellicoe, educationalist (died 1880).
- 7 July – John Kells Ingram, poet, scholar, economist and historian of economic thought (died 1907).
- 7 September – Kevin Izod O'Doherty, transported to Australia in 1849, physician and politician (died 1905).
- 10 September – James O'Connor, first Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Omaha (died 1890).
- 16 September – James O'Reilly, lawyer and politician in Canada (died 1875).
- Moody, T. W.; Martin, F. X., eds. (1967). The Course of Irish History. Cork: Mercier Press. p. 250.
- "Parades and Marches – Chronology 2: Historical Dates and Events". Conflict Archive on the Internet (CAIN). Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- Winfield, Rif (2008). British Warships in the Age of Sail 1793–1817: Design, Construction, Careers and Fates. Barnsley: Seaforth. pp. 188–189. ISBN 1861762461.
- Wright, George Newenham (1825). An Historical Guide to the City of Dublin. Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy. p. 239.