1819 in archaeology
The year 1819 in archaeology involved some significant events.
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2014)
- In Italy, sexual, nude artifacts from Pompeii are hidden from public view in Naples' Secret Museum.
- In Italy, John Gardner Wilkinson meets the antiquarian Sir William Gell and resolves to study Egyptology.
- King Francis I of Naples visits the Pompeii exhibition at the National Museum with his wife and daughter.
- June 16 – The 7.7–8.2 Mw Rann of Kutch earthquake shakes western India with a maximum Mercalli intensity of XI (Extreme), leaving more than 1,500 dead.
- "Two Centuries After British Army Officer Discovered Ajanta, Descendant to Visit Caves". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 17 May 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Russell, Miles. Bignor Roman Villa. History Press. ISBN 9780750964784.