This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)
This is a list of events from the year 1805 in Ireland
|See also:||1805 in the United Kingdom|
Other events of 1805
List of years in Ireland
- August – rebel leader Michael Dwyer, held without sentence in Kilmainham Gaol, is transported to Sydney (Australia), where he lands as a free settler in February 1806.
- 21 October – Battle of Trafalgar: a British Royal Navy fleet led by Admiral Horatio Nelson defeats a combined French and Spanish fleet off the coast of Spain. Almost 4,000 of the 18,000 men on the British ships were born in Ireland.
- Mary Tighe's poem Psyche, or the Legend of Love
- 2 January – John Hogan, businessman and United States Representative from Missouri (died 1892).
- 5 April – Samuel Forde, painter from Cork (died 1828).
- 4 August – William Rowan Hamilton, mathematician, physicist, and astronomer (died 1865).
- 27 April – William Trench, 1st Earl of Clancarty, politician and statesman (born 1741).
- 7 May – William Petty, 2nd Earl of Shelburne, British Whig statesman, Home Secretary in 1782 and Prime Minister 1782–1783 (born 1737).
- 18 June – Arthur Murphy, editor and writer (born 1727).
- 27 July – Brian Merriman, Irish language poet and teacher (b. c. 1749).
- August – John Talbot Dillon, traveller and historical writer (b. c. 1740).
- 8 December – Rose ffrench, 1st Baroness ffrench.