This article needs additional citations for verification
. (August 2018)
The year 1797 in architecture involved some significant events.
Buildings and structuresEdit
- Ditherington Flax Mill, in Shrewsbury, England, is completed; by the end of the 20th century it will be the oldest iron-framed building in the world and is seen as the world's first skyscraper.
- First Bank of the United States in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, designed by Samuel Blodgett, is completed (begun in 1795).
- Old City Hall (Lancaster, Pennsylvania) is completed.
- Hassan Basha Mosque in Oran is built.
- St Mary's Church, Banbury in England, designed by S. P. Cockerell, is completed.
- Palace of Shaki Khans in Shaki, Azerbaijan is built.