This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)
Events from the year 1784 in Ireland.
|See also:||Other events of 1784 |
List of years in Ireland
- 11 February – Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland chartered.
- 15 April – the first ascent of a manned balloon in the British Isles takes place with a hot air balloon at Navan
- The Old Bushmills Distillery becomes an officially registered company
- The post of Postmasters General of Ireland established
- William Conyngham begins installation of a planned settlement on Rutland Island, County Donegal
- New Church of Ireland St. John's Cathedral, Cashel, completed
- The satirist John Williams is prosecuted for an attack on the Duke of Rutland's administration in the Volunteers' Journal and flees the country
- 12 May – James Sheridan Knowles, dramatist and actor (died 1862).
- 20 September – Sir Richard John Griffith, 1st Baronet, geologist (died 1878).
- "Navan Points of Pride" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-08-21.