Events from the year 1623 in Ireland.
|See also:||Other events of 1623 |
List of years in Ireland
- February 4 – the Talbot Baronetcy, of Carton in the County of Kildare, is created in the Baronetage of Ireland for the lawyer and politician William Talbot.
- February 21 – the Barnewall Baronetcy, of Crickstown Castle in the County of Meath, is created in the Baronetage of Ireland for Patrick Barnewall.
- May 2 – the Stewart Baronetcy, of Ramelton in the County of Donegal, is created in the Baronetage of Ireland for the soldier William Stewart.
- December 30 – the Newcomen Baronetcy, of Kenagh in the County of Longford, is created in the Baronetage of Ireland for Robert Newcomen.
- The Dungan Baronetcy, of Castletown in the County of Kildare, is created in the Baronetage of Ireland for Walter Dungan.
- The title of Viscount Magennis of Iveagh is created for the chief of the clan Magennis.
- Moody, T. W.; et al., eds. (1989). A New History of Ireland. 8: A Chronology of Irish History. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-821744-2.
- Cotton, Henry (1851). The Succession of the Prelates and Members of the Cathedral Bodies of Ireland, Vol. 1, The Province of Munster. Fasti ecclesiae Hiberniae (2nd ed.). Dublin: Hodges and Smith. p. 13.
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I. (1986). Handbook of British Chronology (3rd ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. 381. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.