Events from the year 1518 in art.
- Titian begins painting The Worship of Venus (Madrid, Museo del Prado) during 1518-1519 and completes his large Assumption of the Virgin (1516-1518) for the altar of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari in Venice, his first major commission in the city.
- Bernard van Orley probably makes four tapestry cartoons for the Legend of Our Lady on the Zavel during 1516-1518.
- Albrecht Altdorfer - Sebastian Altar in St. Florian's Priory, Sankt Florian, near Linz, Upper Austria
- Albrecht Dürer - Maria Praying
- Adriaen Isenbrandt
- Raphael (some dates approximate)
- Titian - Assumption of the Virgin
- September 29 – Tintoretto (real name Jacopo Comin), Italian painter of the Venetian school and probably the last great painter of the Italian Renaissance (died 1594) 
- date unknown
- Antonio Badile, Italian painter from Verona (died 1560)
- Hieronymus Cock, Flemish painter, etcher and publisher of prints (died 1570)
- Étienne Delaune, French engraver and goldsmith (died 1595)
- Mayken Verhulst, Flemish miniature, tempera and watercolor painter (died 1599)
- Marx Weiß, German Gothic painter (died 1580)
- January 5 (or 1517) – Francesco Raibolini known as Francesco Francia, Italian painter, goldsmith, and medallist (born 1450)
- date unknown
- Lorenzo Fasolo, Lombard painter (born 1463)
- Francisco Henriques, Flemish Renaissance painter active in Portugal (b. unknown)
- Guido Mazzoni, Italian sculptor and painter (born 1445)
- Domenico Morone, Italian painter from Verona (born 1442)
- Rodrigo de Osona - Spanish Renaissance painter (born 1440)
- Bartolomeo Sanvito, calligrapher (born 1435)
- Frank Preston Stearns (1894). Life and Genius of Jacopo Robusti, Called Tintoretto. G.P. Putnam's Sons. p. 52.
- Elie-Charles Flamand (1968). The Renaissance. Heron. p. 166. ISBN 978-0-900948-25-1.
- Maria de Lourdes Simões de Carvalho; Julia Robinson (1997). Crowning Glory: Images of the Virgin in the Arts of Portugal. Newark Museum. p. 44. ISBN 978-972-758-006-4.
- The New International Encyclopaedia. Dodd, Mead. 1928. p. 292.