This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2019)
|1240s . 1250s in architecture . 1260s|
Buildings and structuresEdit
- c. 1250
- 1252 – Church of Alcobaça Monastery in Portugal completed.
- c. 1252 – The Franciscan abbey of Claregalway Friary, in Claregalway, County Galway, Ireland is commissioned by Norman knight John de Cogan.
- 1253 – Construction of the upper Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi in Assisi, designed by Elia Bombardone, is completed.
- 1255 – New Gothic choir of the Tournai Cathedral in the Kingdom of France built.
- 1256 – Construction of Hermann Castle in present-day Estonia is started.
- 1257 – Construction of the Basilica di Santa Chiara in Assisi begun.
- 1258 – The main body of the Salisbury Cathedral (begun in 1220) in Salisbury, England, is completed.
- none listed