1220s in architecture
|1210s . 1220s in architecture . 1230s|
Buildings and structuresEdit
- Early 1220s – Chlemoutsi Crusader castle in Greece is built.
- Bishop Evrard de Fouilly initiates work on Amiens Cathedral, in Amiens, France, with Robert de Luzarches serving as architect until 1228.
- Brussels Cathedral begun.
- Salisbury Cathedral begun in England.
- Cluny Abbey's 3rd building campaign, initiated in 1080, is over. It is the world's largest religious building until the 16th century.
- Upper three storeys of Qutb Minar in the Delhi Sultanate added.
- 1221 – Burgos Cathedral begun.
- 1222 – Great Hall of Winchester Castle begun.
- 1229 – Beverston Castle is completed.