Events from the 1220s in England.
|1200s | 1210s | 1220s | 1230s | 1240s|
- 28 April – foundation stone of Salisbury Cathedral is laid. The cathedral is being relocated from Old Sarum and renewed in Gothic style.
- 17 May – second coronation of King Henry III at Westminster Abbey, Pope Honorius III having deemed that Henry's first coronation at Gloucester in 1216 had not been carried out in accordance with church rites.
- May – construction of the Lady Chapel at Westminster Abbey begins.
- Re-building of York Minster in Gothic style begins.
- Re-building of Beverley Minster in Gothic style begins.
- 25 April – Eustace of Fauconberg is consecrated Bishop of London; from about this year he also serves as the first known Chancellor of the Exchequer.
- 21 June – Henry's ten-year-old sister, Joan of England, marries King Alexander II of Scotland at York Minster.
- August – arrival of first Dominican friars in England.
- 15 August – Dominicans found Blackfriars, Oxford.
- 17 April – Stephen Langton, Archbishop of Canterbury, opens the Synod of Oxford at Osney Abbey, which introduces measures against Jews.
- 15 July – rioting after London defeats Westminster in an annual wrestling contest; ring-leaders hanged or mutilated in punishment.
- Patent Rolls authorise minting of the farthing.
- 10 June – Richard le Grant enthroned as Archbishop of Canterbury.
- October – planned campaign in France delayed; Henry blames Hubert de Burgh.
- Robert Grosseteste is teaching theology to Franciscans at the University of Oxford by about this date.
- First St. John's Bridge, Lechlade, built over the River Thames.
- Beverston Castle founded in Gloucestershire.
- Roger Bigod, 2nd Earl of Norfolk (year of birth unknown)
- Evans, Sydney (1985). Salisbury Cathedral: a reflective guide. Salisbury: Michael Russell Publishing. p. 15.
- "History of the Cathedral, Salisbury Cathedral website". Archived from the original on 30 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- "Henry III, Archonotology.org". Retrieved 10 December 2007.
- Palmer, Alan; Palmer, Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 79–81. ISBN 0-7126-5616-2.
- "Official Site for Beverley Minster". Archived from the original on 1 December 2007. Retrieved 10 December 2007.
- Mackenzie, Agnes Mure (1957). The Foundations of Scotland. Edinburgh: Oliver & Boyd. p. 251.
- Williams, Hywel (2005). Cassell's Chronology of World History. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. pp. 135–137. ISBN 0-304-35730-8.
- "Jewish History 1220-1229". www.jewishhistory.org.il.
- The History Today Companion to British History. London: Collins & Brown. 1995. p. 72. ISBN 1-85585-178-4.