This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||Algerian NIC, CERIST|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Algeria|
|Actual use||Fairly popular in Algeria|
|Registered domains||9,030 (July 21, 2017)|
|Registration restrictions||Must have Algerian presence; name must be related to company or organization name or trademark|
|Structure||Registrations are taken directly at second level or at third level beneath some second-level labels|
It is administered by Network Internet Center. DZ, a subdivision of CERIST (Centre de Recherche sur l'Information Scientifique et Technique). To apply for a .dz domain name, one must be an organization with a permanent presence in Algeria, and choose a name of three or more letters. Currently, NIC.DZ charges 1000 Algerian dinars a year (about US$8).
Registrations are taken directly at the second level, or at the third level beneath these names:
- .com.dz : commercial enterprises
- .net.dz : internet activities
- .org.dz : organizations
- .gov.dz : government organisations
- .edu.dz : educational institutions
- .asso.dz : approved associations
- .art.dz : arts
- .pol.dz : political parties
Second top-level domainEdit
A second top-level domain will be used for Algeria, intended for domain names in the local language, using Arabic characters: الجزائر.
- "Domain Name Policy for the Algerian Country Code TLD .dz" (PDF). Democratic Republic of Algeria Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research Research Center on Scientific and Technical Information. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
|This Algeria-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|