...Where the Shadows Lie
...Where the Shadows Lie is the first full-length album by the Finnish heavy metal band Battlelore, released in 2002. The album received good reviews and gained the band a loyal fan base. No singles were released from the album, although a video was filmed for the song "Journey to Undying Lands", used to promote the band throughout Europe. After the release of this album in 2002, guitarist Tommi Havo had to leave the band due to personal reasons and was replaced by Jussi Rautio.
|...Where the Shadows Lie|
|Studio album by|
|Released||August 13, 2002|
|Recorded||Music Bros Studios, Imatra, Finland, July–November 2001|
|Genre||Melodic death metal, gothic metal, power metal|
All lyrics are written by Jyri Vahvanen; all music is composed by Battlelore, except where indicated.
|2.||"The Grey Wizard"||4:17|
|4.||"Journey to Undying Lands"||5:50|
|5.||"Shadowgate" (Battlelore & Miitri Aaltonen)||4:04|
|7.||"The Green Maid"||3:44|
|8.||"Khazad-Dûm Pt.1 (Ages of Mithril)"||5:20|
|9.||"Ride with the Dragons"||4:17|
|10.||"Feast for the Wanderer" (Hidden track, not mentioned on back cover track listing. Music by Jyrki Myllärinen)||4:05|
- Band members
- Kaisa Jouhki – vocals
- Patrik Mennander – vocals
- Tommi Havo – guitar
- Jyri Vahvanen – guitar
- Miika Kokkola – bass
- Henri Vahvanen – drums
- Maria Honkanen – keyboards
- Guest musicians
- Jyrki Myllärinen – classical guitars
- Miitri Aaltonen - producer, engineer, mixing
- Pauli Saastamoinen - mastering
- "Swordmaster" describes the preparations for battle of a Rohirrim.
- "The Grey Wizard" is about the story of Gandalf up to The Two Towers.
- "Raging Goblin" makes references to the Goblin and Olog-hai races.
- "Journey to Undying Lands" tells the story of the land of Aman, final refuge of the Elves.
- "Shadowgate" is about Minas Morgul.
- "Fangorn" is about the Ents and their attack on Isengard.
- "The Green Maid" is about Lúthien Tinúviel.
- "Khazad-Dûm Pt. 1 (Ages of Mithril)" is about the dawn of Moria.
- "Ride with the Dragons" deals with Morgoth's creation of the dragons.