Čair Sports Center
Čair Sports Center (Serbian: Спортски центар Чаир / Sportski centar Čair), known locally as Čair Hall (Serbian: Хала Чаир / Hala Čair) is an indoor sporting arena located in Niš, Serbia. The seating capacity of the arena is 4,800 for sports events and 6,500 at concerts. It is home to the KK Konstantin basketball team, RK Železničar 1949 handball team and OK Niš volleyball team.
Хала Чаир Ниш / Hala Čair Niš
|Capacity||4,800 (sports events)|
RK Železničar 1949
The sports centre was completely reconstructed in 2011 as it was previously seen unfit to host the group stage of 2012 European Men's Handball Championship. The reconstruction has been done according to highest European standards and criteria submitted by EHF, currently making Čair the most modern sporting hall in Serbia. It is fully equipped to host the biggest sports events. It satisfies high standards of sports federations referring to provision of the unhampered communication between the organizers, spectators, sportsmen and media.
The first match played in the Hall since it was reconstructed was between the senior women’s handball national teams of Serbia and Greece, on October 19, 2011 within EHF for Women 2012 Championship Qualifications.
- Radivoj Korać Cup: 2003, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- 2012 European Men's Handball Championship
- 2012 European Women's Handball Championship
- 2012 Davis Cup tie between Serbia and Sweden
- 2013 World Women's Handball Championship
- 2013 Fed Cup match between Serbia and Slovakia
- 2014 FIVB Volleyball Men's World Championship qualification
- 2017 Davis Cup tie between Serbia and Russia
- 2018 Davis Cup tie between Serbia and United States
- On February 2, 1975, on a concert in the Hall, Predrag Jovičić, vocalist of the rock band San, died from an electric shock.
- On March 8, 1998, Serbian rock band Galija held a concert in the Hall. The recording of the concert was released on the live album Ja jesam odavde.
- On December 15, 2011, Serbian hard rock band Kerber celebrated their 30th anniversary with a concert in the Hall. The concert featured numerous guests: Dragoljub Đuričić, Kornelije Kovač, Dejan Najdanović, Neverne Bebe, YU grupa, and others.
- Hala "Čair" (in Serbian)
- Janjatović, Petar (2007). EX YU ROCK enciklopedija 1960-2006. Belgrade: self-released. p. 195.
- Ja jesam odavde at Discogs
- "Kerber u Nišu: Čair je mali za sve", balkanrock-com