École des mines d'Albi-Carmaux
The École des Mines d'Albi (officially École Nationale Supérieure des Mines d'Albi-Carmaux, also known as EMAC or Mines Albi, ex-ENSTIMAC) was created in 1993. It is a French engineering school (i.e. Grandes écoles) part of the Groupe des écoles des mines and joined the Institut Mines-Télécom the 1st of March 2012. The school is located in the city of Albi on a 22 hectares campus.
|Nickname||ENSTIMAC, Mines Albi, IMT Mines Albi|
The school put innovation and sustainable development at the core of its curriculum. Since 2011, the curriculum last 3 years (instead of 4 years before). The school is a generalist engineering school. Students are trained in diverse technical disciplines as well as in economics and social sciences.
Students can choose between four main fields which are deeply explored during the last 2 year :
- Eco-activities and Energy
- Advanced materials and structure engineering
- Industrial engineering, Processes and Information Systems
Since October 2008, the school offers a three-year part-time training. This training is mixing courses on the campus (14 weeks per year) with distance learning (160 hours per year) and a work position (38 weeks per year).
The school hosts the laboratories for three research centers :
- The RAPSODEE Center carries out research into product-oriented process engineering. Its name stands for Research Centre in Particulate Solid Process Engineering, Energy and Environment.
- The Clément Ader Institut, specialised in the study of structures, systems and mechanical processes. This laboratory is mainly focused on the fields of aeronautics, space, transportation and energy.
- The industrial engineering lab.
Other schools of Mines in FranceEdit
- (in French)Décret n° 93-38 du 11 janvier 1993 relatif à l'École nationale supérieure des techniques industrielles et des mines d'Albi-Carmaux
- (in French)Décret n° 2012-279 du 28 février 2012 relatif à l'Institut Mines-Télécom
- Notification n° 2011/05-02 about the accreditation of the Ecole nationale supérieure des techniques industrielles et des mines d'Albi-Carmaux (EMAC) to deliver the Diplome d'Ingénieur