Zuckerbaby is an Alberta-based rock band which had some success in Canada during the late 1990s. The band formed out of local Calgary groove band Calliope. The band was known for its power pop influences and the thick lead guitar sounds of Reed Shimozawa, an alumnus of Calgary-based hair metal band Smash L.A. "Andromeda", "Heavy" and "Shampoo" were singles released from their debut, self-titled album. Their second CD "Platinum Again" was released in 2000 and two singles were released from it ; "Overexposure" and "Holiday". The band was dropped from its label when Mercury Records was reorganized under Universal Music.
|Genres||Alternative rock, power pop|
|Labels||None, formerly Mercury/Polygram and Mercury/Universal|
|Members||Andy Eichhorn – Lead vocals, guitar|
Reed Shimozawa – Guitar, vocals
Ed Tiegs – Bass, drums
Ian Grant – Drums
On 28 August 2015, the band reunited with the appearance of original members, Andy Eichorn and Reed Shimozawa, who were joined by two local Calgary musicians for a one time live opening show at the Marquee Beer Market and Stage with headlining band Age of Electric.
- Andy Eichhorn – Lead vocals, guitar
- Reed Shimozawa – Guitar, vocals
- Ed Tiegs – Bass, drums (replaced Ted Koti in 1999)
- Ian Grant – Drums
- Brian Doss – Bass
- Ted Koti – Bass (replaced Doss in 1998, and was replaced by Ed Tiegs in 1999)
- Wayne Stadler – Drums
- Mark Freeland – Bass
- Kurt Dahle – Drums (temporary for Stadler in 1998)
The band also had co-writers for their Platinum Again album:
Origin of the nameEdit
|1996||Ooh I'm So Pretty||Calgary Band Compilation (featuring Andromeda and Jealousy)|
- "Calgary Cassette Preservation Society: Calliope – Calliope (1994)". calgarycassettes.org. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "Calgary Cassette Preservation Society: Smash L.A. – Smash L.A. (1990)". calgarycassettes.org. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- Kowal, Amanda (1 August 2000). "Will Zuckerbaby Go 'Platinum Again' With New Album". Chart. Retrieved 20 November 2008.
- "Age of Electric Reunite for Live Show". Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- CANOE – JAM! Music – Pop Encyclopedia – Zuckerbaby
- Brian Ellicot (9 March 1998). "Groovy, Zuckerbaby!". Archived from the original on 13 October 2006.