Zai Bennett started his career in 1995 in the post room at Carlton Television, then worked as presentation scheduler for the launch of Channel 5 in 1997. He worked for ITV from 1998 in a number of roles including Head of Programme Strategy, ITV Digital Channels and ITV2 Programming and Acquisitions Manager. He was Controller of ITV2 from 2006 to 2009. In April 2010 he was appointed ITV's Director of Digital Channels and Acquisitions, where he was responsible for overseeing editorial content on ITV's digital channels (ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and the CITV channel), including all commissioning and scheduling across the channels. In December 2010 the BBC announced he would become Controller of BBC Three in 2011. 
- Zai Bennett announced as new BBC Three controller, BBC News, 16 December 2010
- Zai Bennett announced as Controller, BBC Three, BBC, Press Office, 16 December 2010
- Zai Bennett appointed BBC3 controller, The Guardian, 16 December 2010
- BBC appoints ITV2's Zai Bennett as controller of BBC Three, Daily Telegraph, 17 December 2010
- "BBC Three controller leaves for Sky". BBC News. 15 April 2014. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
| Controller of BBC Three
|This biographical article related to BBC Television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|