Z: The Beginning of Everything
Z: The Beginning of Everything is an American period drama television series created by Dawn Prestwich and Nicole Yorkin for Amazon Studios that debuted on November 5, 2015. It is based on Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler. The series presents a fictionalized version of the life of American socialite and writer Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald (Christina Ricci) in the 1920s. The first season covers her marriage to the author F. Scott Fitzgerald – who had yet to become famous for his work – and the subsequent marital tensions that arose from their lifestyle full of partying and alcohol.
|Z: The Beginning of Everything|
|Created by||Dawn Prestwich and Nicole Yorkin|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10 (list of episodes)|
|Producer||Therese Anne Fowler|
|Camera setup||Tim Orr|
|Running time||27 minutes|
|Production companies||Killer Films|
|Original network||Amazon Prime Video|
|Original release||November 5, 2015 –|
January 27, 2017
The first season was released on January 27, 2017. On April 27, 2017 it was revealed that Amazon had ordered a second season. It was then announced on September 7, 2017 that Amazon had rescinded the renewal, cancelling the show after one season.
- Christina Ricci as Zelda Fitzgerald
- David Hoflin as F. Scott Fitzgerald
- David Strathairn as Judge Anthony Sayre
- Christina Bennett Lind as Tallulah Bankhead
- Natalie Knepp as Eugenia Bankhead
- Kristine Nielsen as Minnie Sayre
- Holly Curran as Tilde Sayre
- Jamie Anne Allman as Tootsie Sayre
- Maya Kazan as Livye Hart
- Sarah Schenkkan as Eleanor Browder
- Jun Naito as Tana Fujimora
- Jordan Dean as Ludlow Fowler
- Andrew Bridges as Winston
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||"Pilot"||Tim Blake Nelson||Dawn Prestwich & Nicole Yorkin||November 5, 2015|
|2||"Just Humans"||Mike Barker||Nicole Yorkin & Dawn Prestwich||January 27, 2017|
|3||"The Right Side of Paradise"||Mike Barker||Lydia Woodward||January 27, 2017|
|4||"You, Me and Us"||Neasa Hardiman||Ian Deitchman & Kristin Rusk Robinson||January 27, 2017|
|5||"The It Girl"||Neasa Hardiman||Kit Steinkellner||January 27, 2017|
|6||"Lights! Camera! Fitzgerald!"||Minkie Spiro||Marcus Gardley||January 27, 2017|
|7||"Where There Are Friends, There Are Riches"||Minkie Spiro||Doug Dorst||January 27, 2017|
|8||"Playing House"||Wash Westmoreland||Ian Deitchman & Kristin Rusk Robinson||January 27, 2017|
|9||"Quicksand"||Wash Westmoreland||Lydia Woodward||January 27, 2017|
|10||"Best of All"||Mike Barker||Dawn Prestwich & Nicole Yorkin||January 27, 2017|
- Wollaston, Sam (January 28, 2017). "Z: The Beginning of Everything review – come on Zelda, Scott, where's the passion?". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved April 14, 2020.
- "Z: The Beginning of Everything 1 Season". Amazon. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- "Z: The Beginning of Everything Renewed for Season 2 at Amazon". Variety. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "Amazon Axes Zelda Fitzgerald Series Months After Surprise Renewal (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 7, 2017.