Yujiapu Financial District
Yujiapu Financial District (Chinese: 于家堡金融区; pinyin: Yújiāpù Jīnróng Qū; also Yujiabao) is an under construction central business district in the Binhai New Area of Tianjin. The area is envisioned as a potential center for world trade and finance. The district is being developed with a total investment of about 200 billion yuan, and is located on the Haihe River North Shore, with Xiangluowan Business District and Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (TEDA). Also, the Yujiapu Financial District is an APEC low-carbon demonstration town. The district was expected to open in June 2014, but has suffered from a construction slowdown. The district is modelled after Manhattan, in New York City. Around 2016, property buyers started moving into the district.
Yujiapu is a peninsula, located in the core area of Tianjin Binhai New Area, the entire block east, west and south facing the Haihe River, covers an area of 3.86 square kilometres (1.49 sq mi). The area is located 40 kilometres (25 mi) from the Tianjin city centre and 150 kilometres (93 mi) from Beijing. The site is 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) from the core district of the Tianjin Binhai New Area (TBNA), with the southern tip of the site only a 10-minute drive from the Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (TEDA). From the air, the whole Yujiapu region is shaped like a "pocketbook", is the upper hand in Sheung Shui land. It is already under construction on the west side of Xiangluowan business district, south of the future will be planning the construction of ecological residential area, east of the island shaped like a whale. To the west there is the Haihe Kaiqi Bridge, with the Yongtai Rd traveling east-west in the north, and Sanhuai Rd traversing the peninsula north-south.
As of 2015 among the nearly 41 projects that can be seen in Xiangluo Bay, there are still nearly 22 buildings in an unfinished state. There are a number of substantial buildings under construction on the peninsula, including:
- Liqin Hotel
- Yujiapu Administrative
- Shangbang Leasing Tower
- Shenglong International Finance Center
- Yujiapu Twin Tower I and II
- Zheshang Building
- Wenzhou Building
- China Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Building
- R&F Guangdong Building
- Binhai Cathay Tower
- AVIC International Plaza
- R and F Tower
- Zovie Plaza I and II
- Guangyao Dongfang Plaza Tower I and II
Note also the Yujiapu Free Trade Zone.
- Henry Sanderson, Michael Forsythe China's Superbank: Debt, Oil and Influence 2012 -- Page 24 "Yet there's a point where ambition and enthusiasm becomes recklessness and hubris, and Tianjin may have crossed that line. There's no better place to witness the physical manifestation of hubris than Yujiapu, Tianjin's planned Manhattan."
- APEC Low Carbon Model Town (LCMT) Project: Tianjin Yujiapu Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Organization), Nikken Sekkei Research Institute - 2011
- 天津于家堡有望成为北方区域金融中心. Xinhua News. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Few Signs of Construction at Yujiapu, China's Manhattan Replica". NBC News. Retrieved 11 November 2014.