Youth on the March
|Youth on the March|
|Presented by||Percy Crawford|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||ABC (1949-1952)|
|Original release||October 9, 1949 –|
June 7, 1953
The series was aired “by most of [ABC’s] eleven affiliates”. In each episode, Percy Crawford, his wife Ruth, and their five children appeared. The series was broadcast live from Philadelphia’s WFIL.
When Youth on the March was cancelled by ABC in 1952, the series was picked up by the DuMont Television Network for a one-season run, from October 5, 1952, to June 7, 1953. The series continued to air in first-run syndication over a handful of stations until 1958.
- Brooks, Tim; Marsh, Earle F. (2007-10-17). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present (9 ed.). Ballantine Books. pp. 1562–1563. ISBN 0-345-49773-2.
- "Billy Graham Center Archives: Percy & Ruth Crawford and the Birth of Televangelism". Wheaton College.
- McNeil, Alex (1980). Total Television (4th ed.). New York: Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- DuMont historical website
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1