This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Yours For Mine is an American indie band, mixing multiple genres of music including indie-rock and post-hardcore. They formed in Harrisonburg, Virginia and started making music in 2006, disbanded in the winter of 2009, but later reunited. The band released a studio album, Dear Children, in 2008 on Blood and Ink Records, and then released their follow-up album, Yours For Mine: How Dark the Night, thirteen years later in early 2021.
Yours For Mine
|Genres||indie rock, post-hardcore, post-metal, post-punk, progressive metal, progressive rock, punk rock, hardcore punk, screamo, jazz, ambient, rock, alternative rock, experimental|
|Years active||2006–2009 , 2017-present|
|Labels||Blood and Ink|
|Website||Yours For Mine on Facebook|
|Past members||Dan Rolen|
The band formed in 2006, with their first release, Dear Children, a studio album, that was released on January 1, 2008, from Blood and Ink Records. During their time as a band they have shared the stage with multiple notable acts, including but not limited to: Oh Sleeper, August Burns Red, and mewithoutYou. While they disbanded in Winter 2009, the band continued to play a show or two on occasion following their break-up. In October 2012, the band announced on their facebook page that they would be recording new material, and that the new material would be released for free, following into 2013. In August 2017, Yours For Mine played their reunion/final show at The Golden Pony in Harrisonburg, Va. with two bands from their city, Bloom and Maple Union. During the performance, they played three unreleased tracks, calling them "The Cabin Songs". Later on, the band re-entered the studio to record these songs.
On August 19, 2019, the band released a video and audio recording of their reunion/final show two years prior, making this their first release since 2008. A few days later, a follow up post was made confirming they were still working on the upcoming album. Finally, on February 23, 2020 it was announced that the album had been completed. On December 15, 2020 the band threw up a teaser on their facebook page hinting at new music, and on December 18, 2020 they released their first original song in nearly 13 years titled "Head In The Clouds" with vocalist Joey Testa opening up about his struggles that led up to the content of the lyrics and how there will be a new book to accompany the upcoming album.
- Current members
- Chad Altenberger
- Joey Testa
- Benjamin Cooley
- Stephen Minnick
- Jonathan Woods
- Studio albums
- Dear Children (January 1, 2008, Blood and Ink)
- Yours For Mine: How Dark the Night (March 19, 2021, Self-Released)
- Yours for Mine. "About". Facebook. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Jolene (December 15, 2009). "Yours for Mine - Dear Children". Punknews.org. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Lyonnais, Sheena (March 11, 2009). "Yours for Mine". Exclaim!. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Pettersson, Eric (January 14, 2009). "Review : Yours for Mine – Dear Children". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Mayer III, Michael (January 27, 2009). "Review : Yours for Mine – Dear Children". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Tsai, Matthew (September 29, 2009). "Yours For Mine - Dear Children Review". Decoy Music. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "Yours for Mine". Facebook.com.
- "Reunion Video". Youtube.
- "Reunion Show Audio Recording". Bandcamp.
- "Album Process". Facebook.com.
- "Yours For Mine - Thatâ€™s a wrap on tracking for the new..." Facebook.com. 2020-02-23. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- Stay Tuned, retrieved 2020-12-18
- "Yours For Mine- "Head In The Clouds"". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-12-18.