|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Genres||Indie Rock, Synthpop|
|Past members||Angelo Ismirnioglou|
Bassist Andrew Beck, drummer Tyler Badali and singer/guitarist Jordan Raine formed in Vancouver in 2008, and were soon joined by keyboardist Wes Nickel. taking The band's name refers to the David Lapham comic Young Liars. They began performing in the metro-Vancouver area, and later in western Canada. Their performances showed the influence of Foals, Hot Chip, Two Door Cinema Club and Phoenix.
In February, 2011 The Young Liars independently released a seven-track EP, Homesick Future in download-only format. The band's first American performance was in October 2011 at Filter Magazine's Culture Collide Festival in Los Angeles, CA. In November that year the band signed with Nettwerk Records, who re-released the Homesick Future EP in early 2012. The album included the band's debut single, "Colours".
- Tidal Wave (2014)
- Julia Gunst. "Vancouver group Young Liars keeps the synth-drenched waves rolling in". BeatRoute, Monday 29th, December 2014
- "Young Liars". AllMusic, Biography by Timothy Monger
- "Discover The Undiscovered, Young Liars". Filter Magazine, February 16, 2011
- "Young Liars’ Tidal Wave has an aquatic vibe". Georgia Straight, by Gregory Adams on July 9th, 2014
- Culture Collide Festival 2011 Artists. Culture Collide Festival, November 16, 2011
- 'Young Liars "Colours" / "Colours" (Teen Daze remix)'. Exclaim!, Alex Hudson, Dec 20, 2011
- 'Young Liars "Night Window"'. Exclaim!, Matthew Ritchie, Mar 24, 2014
- "Young Liars: 'Tidal Wave' Review". Radio Laurier, Vanessa Roylance January 20, 2015
- " Young Liars Tidal Wave". AllMusic Review by Timothy Monger