Yitzhak Baer (Hebrew: יצחק בער; 20 December 1888 – 22 January 1980) was a German-Israeli historian and an expert on medieval Spanish Jewish history.
20 December 1888
|Died||22 January 1980 (aged 91)|
|Known for||Bialik Prize; Israel Prize; Yakir Yerushalayim|
Baer was born in Halberstadt in the Prussian Province of Saxony, Germany, in 1888. He studied philosophy, history and classical philology at Berlin University, the University of Strasbourg and the University of Freiburg.
He emigrated to Mandatory Palestine, now Israel, in 1930, and began lecturing on medieval Jewish history at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He was professor of medieval history at the University from 1932 to 1945.
- Studien zur Geschichte der Juden im Konigreich Aragonien: wahrend des 13. und 14. Jahrhunderts/ von Fritz Baer. Berlin: E. Ebering, 1913
- Das Protokollbuch der Landjudenschaft des Herzogtums Kleve: erster Teil: die Geschichte des Landjudenschaft Herzogtums Kleve/ von Fritz Baer. Berlin: C.A. Schwetschke, 1922
- Untersuchungen über Quellen und Komposition des Schebet Jehuda/ von Fritz Baer. Berlin: C.A. Schwetschke, 1923
- Galut'/ Jizchak Fritz Baer. Berlin: Shocken, 1936
- Land of Israel and Exile to the Medieval Ages. Jerusalem, 1936.
- History of Jews in Christian Spain. Tel Aviv: Am Oved 1945, revised and expanded 1959.
- Peoples of Israel: Studies in the History of the Second Temple Period of the Mishna, the Foundations of Law and Faith. Jerusalem: Bialik Institute, 1955.
- Exile (translated from German): Israel Eldad, Bialik Institute, Jerusalem, 1980.
- Studies and Essays in the History of Israel (in Hebrew), 1985. Jerusalem: Israeli Historical Society, 1985.
- "List of Bialik Prize recipients 1933–2004 (in Hebrew), Tel Aviv Municipality website" (PDF).
- "Israel Prize recipients in 1958 (in Hebrew)". Israel Prize Official Site. Archived from the original on January 17, 2010.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Recipients of Yakir Yerushalayim award (in Hebrew)". City of Jerusalem official website
|This biographical article about an Israeli historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|