Yigal Ozeri (born 1958) is an Israeli artist based in New York City. He is known for large-scale cinematic portraits of young women in landscapes. His works are photo-realistic oil paintings.
Yigal Ozeri in 2019
|Movement||Contemporary art, Photorealism|
Yigal Ozeri was born Israel in 1958. He currently lives and works in New York City.
In 1997, Ozeri collaborated with Israeli poet Ronny Someck to produce The Razor that Cut the Metaphoric Face of Poetry which included five etchings by Ozeri, and five ensuring poems by Someck. Ozeri's etchings, in order, were titled Pointed Tower, Tears of Buildings, Unbuilt Pagoda, Dirty Laundry, and Tears of Buildings II. The book itself was produced by The Cabri Print Workshop, based out of Kibbutz Cabri in the Western Galilee.
- Lizzie Smoking, Galería Senda, Barcelona, Spain
- Lizzie in the Snow, Mark Moore Gallery, Santa Monica, CA
- Desire for Anima, Contemporary by Angela Li, Hong Kong, China
- Olga in the Park, Galerie Brandt, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Territory, Martin Asbaek Gallery, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Territory, Zemack Contemporary Art Gallery, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Garden of the Gods, Mike Weiss Gallery, New York, NY
- Luce silenziosa (Silent light), Bologna, Italy
- Territory, Mike Weiss Gallery, New York, NY
- Photorealism, Galerie de Bellefeuille, Montreal, Canada
- The Boathouse, Galerie Andreas Binder, Munich, Germany
- Territory, Karen Jenkins Johnson, San Francisco, CA
- Territory, Scott White Contemporary Art, La Jolla, CA
- Territory, Angell Gallery, Toronto, Canada
- Triads, Galerie Brandt, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Fiction of Distance, Galería Álvaro Alcázar, Madrid, Spain
- Photorealism in the Digital Age, Mana Contemporary, Chicago, Illinois
Yigal Ozeri's art are in permanent collections of the Whitney Museum of American Art, the McNay Art Museum in San Antonio, the Jewish Museum of New York, The Israel Museum, Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Albertina and other public institutions.
- "Juxtapoz Magazine - Update: The Photoreal Works of Yigal Ozeri". juxtapoz.com. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- "Yigal Ozeri | Zemack | Contemporary Art". zcagallery.com. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- "Israeli Artist Yigal Ozeri Paints Instagram Under The Table". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- "Photorealistic Paintings of Women by Yigal Ozeri | iGNANT.de". ignant.de. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- "Yigal Ozeri: dipinti ad olio che sembrano fotografie!". chedonna.it. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- "Art Review: Mana Contemporary in Jersey City | NJ.com". nj.com. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- "The Razor That Cut The Metaphoric Face Of Poetry". Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "Galería Alvaro Alcazar". galeriaalvaroalcazar.com. Retrieved 2015-02-14.
- "Mana Contemporary Chicago". manacontemporarychicago.com. Retrieved 2015-02-14.
- "The Storm by Yigal Ozeri". Zemack Gallery for Contemporary Art. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- "Yigal Ozeri: A New York Story" (PDF). Louis K. Meisel Gallery. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- "Yigal Ozeri". Wall Street International. Retrieved 2019-01-17.