Yes! (U.S. magazine)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
YES! is a nonprofit, independent publisher of solutions journalism. YES! was founded by David Korten and Sarah van Gelder; Christine Hanna, founder and former co-director of Seattle Good Business Network, is the executive director.
Fall 2010 cover of YES!
|Editor||Tracy Loeffelholz Dunn|
|Company||Positive Futures Network|
|Based in||Bainbridge Island, Washington|
Issues of YES! explore a specific issue in depth, and provide resources so that readers may become involved in that issue. Previous issues have covered topics such as Just Transition, Sanctuary, Solidarity Economy, and Decolonization.
The magazine is printed on recycled paper and archives all its issues online.
YES! is a member of The Media Consortium, an international network of over 70 independent progressive journalism organizations including Mother Jones, The Nation, Grist, Democracy Now!, and many others. YES! and other Media Consortium outlets participated in a 2017 study that looked at the impact they could have on the national conversation.
In 2015, YES! Magazine was showcased on Neil Young's July tour promoting The Monsanto Years. Young selected five magazines to feature in a "News You Can Trust" tent, including YES!, The Nation, Mother Jones, Permaculture Magazine, and Earth Island Journal.
• Winner of 2016 Northwest Excellence Award from the Society of Professional Journalists, YES!’s Jennifer Luxon and Stephen Miller received first place for digital innovation.
• Second Place, 2015 Northwest Excellence Award, YES! Staff received second place for an online news video.
- "Balle Fellows".
- "YES! Magazine Staff Page".
- Entry for Issue #1 at YesMagazine.org
- "The Just Transition Issue". Yes Magazine.
- "The Sanctuary Issue". Yes Magazine.
- "Solidarity Economy". Yes Magazine.
- "The Decolonize Issue". Yes Magazine.
- "Our Members". Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- "How the news media activate public expression and influence national agendas". Science.
- "News Shared on Twitter Can Drive the Conversation, Study Finds". New York Times.
- "Earth Island Journal Hits the Road with Neil Young and Promise of the Real". Earth Island Journal. Retrieved 2015-08-03.
- "National Association of Black Journalists Excellence Award".
- "Society of Professional Journalists Award".
- "National Association of Black Journalists Salute to Excellence Awards".
- "National Association of Black Journalists Northwest Excellence Award".
- "Northwest Excellence Awards".
- "2013 Utne Media Awards: The Winners". Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- "Winners announced for 2001 UTNE Magazine Alternative Press Awards". Retrieved 2006-06-11.