This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||December 17, 1933|
To'xtaboyev was born in the city of Fergana in 1933. After he finished primary and secondary school, he studied at the Department of Philology at the University of Central Asia from 1950 until 1955. He worked for a time as a newspaper journalist, including at Tashkent haqiqati (The Truth of Tashkent) and Qizil O’zbekiston (Red Uzbekistan), and he was the editor of the monthly magazine Guliston. From 1972 until 1977, he worked as chief editor at Yosh Gvardiya (Young Guard) publishing house, and as assistant to the chief editor at Shark Yulduzi (Western Star) newspaper. In those days, he also worked as chief of editing at Yosh Kuch (Young Strength) newspaper.
To'xtaboyev began his career as a children's writer in 1958. He created the collection of stories Shoshqoloq (Hasty) in 1962, followed by other collections: Yosh Gvardiya (Young Guard), Sir Ochildi (The Secret Revealed), and Sehrli Qolpoqcha (A Magic Hat) (1965). To'xtaboyev's writing was popular throughout Uzbekistan, and many children read his books as part of their school studies.
To'xtaboyev is famous for his humorous novels. His books touch on themes including honesty in adults, love, loyalty, and kindness. His stories include: Sarik devni minib (Riding a Yellow Giant) (1969) and Sarik devning o'limi (Death of the Yellow Giant) (1973).  Other works include Besh Bolali Yigitcha (Parent of 5 Children), Qasoskorning oltin boshi (The Golden Head of the Avenger), Yillar and Yo'llar (Ways and Years) in 1983, and Sehrgarlar jangi (The Battle of Magicians). For his contribution to literature, To'xtaboyev won the Khamza Prize and “The National Writer of Uzbekistan” in 1991 when Uzbekistan gained its independence from the Soviet Union.
- "Xudoyberdi To'xtaboyev". Archived from the original on April 16, 2016. www.ziyouz.com Accessed 2016-4-3 (Uzbekistan)
- "Xudoyberdi To'xtaboyev". www.ziyouz.com Accessed 2016-4-3 (Google Translation of preceding reference)
- "Mahorat maktabi: Xudoyberdi To'xtaboyev: "Sariq dev" sabab "hushyorxona"ga tushganman - Уч илдиз". uchildiz.uz. Archived from the original on April 15, 2016. Retrieved April 3, 2016.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link) (Uzbekistan)
- Riding a Yellow Giant is in Uzbek language Archived April 2, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- Death of the Yellow Giant is in Uzbek language Archived April 5, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- Parent of 5 Children is in Uzbek language Archived April 11, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- The Golden Head of the Avenger is in Uzbek language Archived April 2, 2016, at the Wayback Machine