Tondó in 2010 riding for Cervélo TestTeam
|Full name||Xavier Tondo Volpini|
|Born||5 November 1978|
|Died||23 May 2011 (aged 32)|
|2003||Paternina-Costa de Almería|
|Volta a Portugal (2007)|
Paris-Nice, 1 stage
Volta a Catalunya, 1 stage
Vuelta a Castilla y León (2011)
Tondo was killed after being apparently trapped between his own garage door and car, and crushed by the door, while preparing his bicycle for a training ride. Teammate Beñat Intxausti was with him at the time of the accident.
In February 2011, it was reported that a pro cyclist had tipped off police about a doping ring. Tondo was later identified as that cyclist.
According to the Spanish newspaper El País, Tondo received an email in December 2010, which offered several doping products, including EPO, human growth hormone, Nandrolone, and Clenbuterol, all at low prices. Tondo gave the email to the police.
- 1st Stage 7 Tour of Qinghai Lake
- 1st Overall Volta ao Alentejo
- 1st Stage 4
- 1st Stage 3 Vuelta a Asturias
- 1st Overall Troféu Joaquim Agostinho
- 1st Prologue
- 1st Overall Volta a Portugal
- 1st Subida al Naranco
- 1st Stage 5 Tour de San Luis
- 8th Overall Volta a Catalunya
- 1st Stage 6 Paris-Nice
- 2nd Overall Volta a Catalunya
- 1st Stage 3
- 5th Overall Vuelta a España
- 1st Overall Vuelta a Castilla y León
- 1st Stage 4 Tour de San Luis (ITT)
- 5th Overall Tour of the Basque Country
- 6th Overall Volta a Catalunya
- "Xavier Tondo Dies In Domestic Accident". Cyclingnews.com. 23 May 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- "Tondo tips off police in Girona doping investigation". cyclingnews.com. 21 February 2011. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
|This biographical article related to a Spanish cycling person born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|