91.5 FM (not authorized)
|Branding||Radio Universidad de Oaxaca|
|Owner||Universidad Autónoma Benito Juárez de Oaxaca|
First air date
2000 (most recent permit)
April 28, 2016 (pirate FM)
Call sign meaning
|"Universidad Autónoma Benito Juárez de Oaxaca"|
Radio Universidad came on air in October 1964. The station's most recent permit, awarded for a five-year term in 2000, expired in 2005 and is listed by the Federal Telecommunications Institute as not having been renewed, as an attempt to renew the permit was not made until 2006.
Since 2013, the station has been subject to a lack of attention by the university. It spent nearly a year without a station director in 2013 and 2014 and was subject to strikes in 2011 and in 2013 that caused the station to shut down. In July 2015, a protest by students of the UABJO's College of Sciences forced the closure of Radio Universidad for a day, which may result in a sanction.
On April 28, 2016, Radio Universidad began transmissions on 91.5 FM. However, no authorization is on file with the federal government, in the form of an AM-FM migration or, given the expired permit, a new public use concession.
- Termination of XEUBJ-AM Permit
- Erika Ramírez and David Cilia, "Radio Universidad la voz de la APPO", Contralínea January 2007
- "Cumple ocho meses acéfala la Radio Universidad", RI Oaxaca 5 May 2014
- Pedro Matías, "En riesgo, permiso de Radio Universidad de Oaxaca", Proceso 25 October 2011]
- Apagan XEUBJ por inconformidades, Enfoque Oaxaca 14 October 2013
- Silvia Chavela Rivas, "No reconocen a director de Ciencias", Noticias Net 7 July 2015
- "Inicia Radio Universidad transmisiones en Frecuencia Modulada". Quadratín. 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2016-04-28.