X-Rated Critics Organization
The X-Rated Critics Organization (XRCO) is a group of writers and editors from the American adult entertainment industry who each year present awards in recognition of achievement within the industry. After the controversy and criticism of the best erotic scene victory for the movie Virginia in 1984 at the Adult Film Association of America awards, the XRCO and its "Heart-On Awards" were founded.
Logo of XRCO
The organization was founded in 1984, consisting of writers from Los Angeles, New York City and Philadelphia. Jim Holliday, AVN Award-winning producer and historian, is considered the founding father of the X-Rated Critics Organization. After Holliday's death, the position of XRCO Historian was temporarily filled by XRCO founding member Bill Margold until 2006. James Avalon, a former editor of Adam Film World’s special editions, was also a founding member of XRCO.
Members and managementEdit
In 2005, XRCO added its first European members. Its members now include writers from a wide range of adult publications and Internet sites. Many members work full-time at this occupation; some have university degrees with emphasis on Film Criticism. XRCO members remain active members after being evaluated yearly to determine if they are still active in the adult business, still qualified, and still participating in the XRCO Award nomination and voting processes. Anyone not participating is placed on an "inactive" list for one year and, if found to still be lacking and not participating after that time, are then dropped. There is no membership fee to be an XRCO member.
The award program also includes a Hall of Fame ceremony and inductions.
- "2009 XRCO Award Winners Announced". 16 April 2009. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Robert Rimmer, The X-Rated Videotape Guide, Prometheus Books, 1993. ISBN 0-87975-799-X
- Sullivan, David (February 15, 2008). "XRCO Announces 2008 Awards Nominees". AVN.
- Connelly, Tim (December 16, 2004). "Jim Holliday Passes Away". AVN.
- "XRCO - X-Rated Critics Organization". Retrieved November 8, 2007.
- "Academy Awards of XXX Convene in 'the Valley of Lust': Uptight Undercurrent Mars Atmosphere of Kinky Abandon in Era of Challenges From Law". February 19, 1988. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- "The 2005 AVN Hall of Fame Inductees". archive.org. Archived from the original on 18 March 2005. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Dirty Bob". AVN.
- Bob Krotts at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "XRCO Gears Up for 30th Anniversary Show". XBIZ. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "XRCO FAQ". Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "Eyes on the prize". signonsandiego.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- XRCO home page