Wrist station is a passenger station in the centre of Wrist (in the district of Steinburg) in the German state of Schleswig-Holstein. It is on the Hamburg-Altona–Kiel railway and the now disused Itzehoe-Wrist railway. The station is mainly used by commuters. Nearly 500,000 passengers use Wrist station each year. To the south of the station there are numerous parking spaces in the station forecourt, which is also served by some bus routes.
|Location||Hauptstraße 1, Wrist, Schleswig-Holstein|
|Opened||18 September 1844|
|Electrified||24 September 1995|
The station was built by the Altona-Kiel Railway Company (Altona-Kieler Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft, AKE) in 1844. It was opened with the railway line on 18 September 1844. The station was connected to the now disused Itzehoe-Wrist railway in 1889. The entrance hall of the station was rebuilt between 1880 and 1895. The railway settlement of Wrist then developed around the station over the years. The railway had a major economic impact on the community, which among other things, led Wrist to merge with the older neighbouring community of Stellau under the same name of Wrist.
Three tracks run through the station next to two platforms. One platform is located next to the entrance building and the other two next to an island platform between the tracks.
The station building is for sale because it is no longer needed for operations.
The station is served by the following services:
|Hamburg-Altona – Pinneberg – Elmshorn – Wrist – Neumünster – Kiel||Hourly|
|Hamburg-Altona – Pinneberg – Tornesch – Elmshorn – Dauenhof – Wrist||Hourly|
- "Stationspreisliste 2021" [Station price list 2021] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 16 November 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland (German railway atlas) (2009/2010 ed.). Schweers + Wall. 2009. ISBN 978-3-89494-139-0.
- "Brief information on the municipality of Wrist" (in German). Municipality of Wrist. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Holsteinische Bahnhöfe würdige für Baudenkmalschutz: Wrist" (in German). Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Eisenbahndirektion - Liegenschaften" (PDF; 605 kB) (in German). Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Eisenbahn das "mächtigste Verkehrsmittel"" (in German). Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "History of the town of Wrist" (in German). Municipality of Wrist. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Bahn will zwölf Bahnhofsgebäude verkaufen". Hamburger Abendblatt (in German). 7 March 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2014.