Wolfgang Zimmerer (born 15 November 1940) is a retired West-German bobsledder who mostly competed as a driver together with his brakeman Peter Utzschneider. Zimmerer took part in the 1968, 1972 and 1976 Winter Olympics and won four medals, with one gold (two-man in 1972), one silver (two-man in 1976), and two bronzes (four-man in 1972 and 1976).
|Born||15 November 1940 (age 81)|
|Height||178 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lb)|
Zimmerer and Utzschneider won nine medals at the FIBT World Championships with four golds (two-man: 1973, 1974; four-man: 1969, 1973), three silvers (two-man: 1970, four-man: 1970, 1975), and two bronzes (four-man: 1971, 1973). They also collected 10 medals at the European championships, including five golds: in two-man in 1968, 1972, and 1973, and in the four-man in 1970 and 1973.
- Wolfgang Zimmerer. sports-reference.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wolfgang Zimmerer.|
- Bobsleigh two-man Olympic medalists 1932–56 and since 1964
- Bobsleigh four-man Olympic medalists for 1924, 1932–56, and since 1964
- Bobsleigh two-man world championship medalists since 1931
- Bobsleigh four-man world championship medalists since 1930
- DatabaseOlympics.com profile