Winter Stadium (Hebrew: אצטדיון וינטר Etztadion Vinter) is a stadium in Tel Aviv District city of Ramat Gan, Israel. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of Hakoah Amidar Ramat Gan.
|Location||Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv District, Israel|
|Hakoah Ramat Gan (1983–2005) |
Hakoah Amidar Ramat Gan (2005–present)
Hapoel Ramat Gan (2009–2015)
Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon (2010–2011)
Jack A. and Muriel L. Winter built Winter Stadium. It is named after their sons Jack R. Winter and Michael Winter. Jack A. Winter was the founder of Jack Winter, Inc. The company began as a men's pants manufacturer in the late 1930s and in 1953 began to design women's clothing. As one of the first manufacturers of women's pants, he set trends in women's sportswear and knitwear. He and his wife Muriel were philanthropic leaders in their home city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Work on the stadium began in 1976, as a replacement of Hakoah Ramat Gan's Gali Gil Stadium, which closed in 1974. The stadium's first match was played on 9 July 1981, during the 1981 Maccabiah Games, between the Maccabi teams of Israel and the USA.
- Farkas Wants to Be the Owner and He Stands Behind the Conspiracy Eli Danon, Ma'ariv, 30 August 1976, Historical Jewish Press (in Hebrew)
- Hakoah Departed Yesterday from Galei Gil, Will Play in Ramat Gan Stadium from Now On Yehuda Goren, Ma'ariv, 3 January 1974, Historical Jewish Press (in Hebrew)
- Israel and USA Will Inaugurate Hakoah Stadium Today Hadshot HaSport, 9 July 1981 (page 4) (in Hebrew)
- Winter Stadium Had Thorough Renovation David Shaham, Ma'ariv, 26 March 1993 (via Ramat Gan Libraries Archive) (in Hebrew)
- Winer Stadium/Ramat Gan V5 Architects (in Hebrew)