This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2020)
Winter is an American extreme metal band from New York City. They take their name from the Amebix song of the same name. The band performed at the 2011 Roadburn Festival in the Netherlands.
|Origin||New York City, U.S.|
|Genres||Death-doom, doom metal, death metal|
|Years active||1988–1992, 2010–present|
|Labels||Metal Mind, Nuclear Blast|
- John Alman - vocals, bass
- Stephen Flam - guitars (later of Thorn)
- Joe Gonclaves - drums (on demo)
- Frank Casey - drums (on Into Darkness)
- Jimmy Jackson - drums
- Chris Flam - video
- Anthony Pinnisi - keyboards
- Hour of Doom demo tape (1989)
- Into Darkness (1990)
- Eternal Frost EP (1994)
The album was re-released in 1992 by Nuclear Blast, and again in 1999 (including the EP material). The EP contained the songs from the demo and a bonus track.
Metal Mind Records announced in February 2008, that they would be re-releasing both the Into Darkness album, and Eternal Frost EP, as a limited edition digipak on May 13 that year. Metal Mind Records purports to have obtained a license from Nuclear Blast to re-issue this limited edition digipak.
Southern Lord reissued Into Darkness on vinyl in 2011 along with a 30-page booklet with fliers, photos, and more.
On July 8, 2013, The Village Voice blogger Jason Roche listed Into Darkness as No. 14 in the Top 20 Hardcore and Metal Albums to come out of New York City.
- ^ "Komodo Rock | Winter Re-Issues Announced". 8 February 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-02-08. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- ^ Roche, Jason. "The Top 20 New York Hardcore and Metal Albums of All Time - New York - Music - Sound of the City". Archived from the original on 2013-07-11. Retrieved 2020-03-22.