Windsor is a 2015 American independent drama film written, directed and produced by Porter Farrell and starring Madelyn Deutch, Quinn Shephard, Nick Krause, Adam Hicks, Peyton Clark, Ian Colletti and Barry Corbin. The film is Farrell's directorial debut.
In their last year of high school, six best friends prepare to leave their small, struggling hometown, a place caught in the slow, fine-grinding wheels of American big business that seem to leave no side doors.
Maisie, whose father is about to be released from prison, decides she can't leave the town where she has been embraced so lovingly since the dark day when her father nearly killed the man whose company foreclosed on their family farm. The town's patriarch, Gil Denton, a no nonsense, wealthy landowner dying from cancer, loves these six kids, and in his remaining time with them he serves as a sounding board, dependable guide, and sympathetic friend - while providing them a wistful link to a past they will never know.
Set in current time, the story shows that small town values are worth saving and that the mouse does indeed occasionally roar.
- Madelyn Deutch as Maisie
- Quinn Shephard as Kat
- Nick Krause as Lawton
- Adam Hicks as Clint
- Peyton Clark as Itchy
- Ian Colletti as Jesse
- Barry Corbin as Gil Denton
- Mackenzie Astin as Harry Barnett
- Stelio Savante as Pierre Gandy
- Emily Warfield as Carolyn Barnett
- Sonny Carl Davis as Kline
- Richard Jackson as Tommy
- Libby Villari as Louise
- Rodger Boyce as Parole Board Chairman
- Greg Williams as Radio DJ
- Prince, Jeff (17 September 2014). "Nick Krause On Hollywood, Austin, George Clooney, Madelyn Deutch". Fort Worth Weekly. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Prince, Jeff (17 September 2014). "A Script For Texas". Fort Worth Weekly. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Prince, Jeff (9 October 2015). "Windsor Among Movies Slated For Lone Star Film Festival". Fort Worth Weekly. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Chase, Kit (12 July 2014). "Movie team set to film in Gainesville". Gainesville Daily Register. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Prince, Jeff (18 September 2014). "Quinn Shephard On Windsor, Texas, Twang, Jersey Shore". Fort Worth Weekly. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Windsor a Winner?". Fort Worth Weekly. 30 September 2015. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Darling, Cary (21 April 2015). "Fort Worth director uses small-town roots for first movie". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved 10 November 2016.