Willowbrook Cemetery is located at 395 Main Street in Westport, Connecticut. Established in 1847, the cemetery is located close to Westport's downtown area, and features the burials of many members of Westport's historic families, including the Coley, Burr, Nash, Bedford, Bradley and Hurlbutt families.
|Find a Grave||Willowbrook Cemetery|
Notable interments here include:
- E.T. Bedford, executive of Standard Oil
- Edward H. Coley, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Central New York
- Peter De Vries, editor and novelist
- James Earle Fraser, sculptor, and his wife Laura Gardin Fraser, sculptor
- Harold Jacoby, astronomer
- Morris Ketchum, financier
- Alexander Kipnis, Ukrainian-born operatic bass singer
- Lawrence Langner
- Lars-Eric Lindblad, entrepreneur and tourism explorer
- Vivian Perlis, musicologist
- Fritz Reiner, conductor
- Alexander McCormick Sturm, co-founder of American firearm maker Sturm, Ruger & Co.
- Mort Walker, cartoonist
- John B. Watson, a psychologist who established the psychological school of behaviorism
- George Hand Wright, artist
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Willowbrook Cemetery.|
- "About Us". Willowbrook Cemetery. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- Willowbrook Cemetery: Famous persons at Find a Grave
- Deaths: Davie, E.T. Bedford, New York Times, November 16, 2003.
- Timothy Dumas, The Return of Peter DeVries, Wesport (April 2006).
- "Willowbrook Cemetery". Endymion's Repose. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "Alexander McCormick Sturm". Appalachian Aristocracy. Retrieved 26 April 2015.