William N. Eschmeyer
William Neil Eschmeyer, also known as Bill Eschmeyer, is an American ichthyologist. He is the founder and developer of the database and reference work Catalog of Fishes, hosted by the California Academy of Sciences and available both on-line and in print.
- Curator Emeritus, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco, California
- Research Associate, Florida Museum of Natural History, Gainesville, Florida
The following fish are named in his honor:
- Motomura, H., Kanehira, N. & Imamura, H. (2012): Redescription of a Poorly Known Southeastern Pacific Scorpionfish (Scorpaenidae), Phenacoscorpius eschmeyeri Parin and Mandrytsa. Species Diversity, 17 (2): 145-150.
- Poss, S.G. & Eschmeyer, W.N. 1980. Xenaploactis, a new genus for Prosopodasys asperrimus Günther (Pisces: Aploactinidae), with descriptions of two new species. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, (Series 4) 42(8), pages 287–293
- William N. Eschmeyer at calacademy.org
|Wikispecies has information related to William N. Eschmeyer.|