A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2021)
|Australia, New Zealand|
Wild Secrets is the flagship store of PHE International PTY LTD [non-primary source needed] (trading as Excite Online Services) PHE International operates from its combined office and warehouse space in Australia and is the Australian subsidiary of PHE, Inc., which was founded in 1971 by Phil Harvey and is the parent company of Adam & Eve, one of the largest online distributor of sex toys, condoms and lingerie in the United States of America.
Giumarra's first online venture was propertyseeker.com.au, which he started as a means to display projects following his work as an architectural designer in the 1980s.[non-primary source needed] When Giumarra began working with two IT developers who owned the domain realestate.com.au in 1991, he suggested a merger.[failed verification] Realestate.com.au, now REA Group Ltd (REA), provides online and app-based property and property-related services across Australia and Asia.[non-primary source needed]
In 1998, Giumarra sold his interests in propertyseeker.com.au and realestate.com.au, and founded IBSA. Under IBSA, Giumarra founded Wild Secrets and its sister companies followed in 2007 by bikeexchage.com.au,[non-primary source needed] Australia's biggest online marketplace for cyclists. He sold his stake in the company in 2012.
Excite Online Services, its Wild Secrets flagship and sister stores were acquired by PHE, Inc. in 2019.
Wild Secrets closely aligns with the humanitarian values of its parent company PHE, Inc. The parent enterprise is involved in philanthropic work such as disease control, sex education and family planning in developing countries through Population Services International and DKT International.
- In 2019, Wild Secrets formed a partnership with cancer vanquishing charity Love Your Sister, co-founded by award-winning Australian actor Samuel Johnson OAM.[failed verification]
- In January 2020, Wild Secrets and PHE, Inc. individually donated to the Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund, and the Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund, to help those affected by Australia's devastating bushfire crisis of 2019–20.[failed verification]
Wild Secrets has featured in web, print and broadcast media for its successes, educational campaigns and charity fundraising.
- In February 2019, Wild Secrets received media attention for the acquisition of Excite Online Services by PHE, Inc.[non-primary source needed] The acquisition received further coverage in a piece on the retirement of Bob Christian, former Adam & Eve Director of New Business Development and President of Adam & Eve Retail Stores.[non-primary source needed][non-primary source needed]
- In June 2019, the appointment of Will Dobbyn, former executive from major sports apparel brand 2XU, as Wild Secrets General Manager made news.
- In January 2020, Wild Secrets featured in several publications for its exclusive hotel sex toy delivery offer for Valentine's Day.
- Wild Secrets campaign ‘Go F*ck Yourself (for everyone’s sake)’, encouraging adults to use sex toys to break the boredom of self-isolation during COVID-19, was covered in the media.
In addition, Wild Secrets has featured in Australian mainstream and LGBTQI+ media for its charity fundraising and sexual wellness advice.
- "PHE International". PHE International. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "Gerrard Giummarra Discusses His Online Retail Empire". Power Retail. 2014-05-07. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "IBSA | An Online Retail Empire". www.ibsa.com.au. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "The REA Group (realestate.com.au Ltd) | Online Marketplaces". Online Marketplaces. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- Ltd, REA Group. "REA Group Ltd". REA Group Ltd. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "IBSA | About Us". www.ibsa.com.au. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "Wild Secrets Formally Introduces Down Under to the Down Under in Bid to Help Close Orgasm Gap | LBBOnline". www.lbbonline.com. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- StClair, Monique (2020-06-04). "Sam Johnson's 'Love Your Sister' charity selling interesting new range of merch". myGC.com.au. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "Your donations in action". www.redcross.org.au. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- XBIZ. "Adam & Eve Acquires Excite Group". XBIZ. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- Eve, Adam &. "Adam & Eve Acquires Excite Group - Australia's Largest Online Adult Retailer". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- News, Mirage (2019-02-27). "Adam & Eve Acquires Excite Group - Australia's Largest Online Adult Retailer | Mirage News". www.miragenews.com. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- XBIZ. "Headed for Retirement, Bob Christian Reflects on 24 Years in Adult". XBIZ. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- XBIZ. "Australian Retailer Wild Secrets Appoints New GM". XBIZ. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "Wild Secrets Australia Hires Former 2XU Executive – Synergy Magazine | Adult Industry Trade News". Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "Aussie retailer offers hotel sex toy delivery for Valentine's Day". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "The Royals promotes self-love with Wild Secrets - AdNews". www.adnews.com.au. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "Why Samuel Johnson's charity Love Your Sister started selling sex toys". 7NEWS.com.au. 2020-08-31. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- Sullivan, Rebecca. "Samuel Johnson's cancer charity is now selling sex toys, so you can feel good and help fight cancer at the same time". Now To Love. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- "Sex Toy sales go wild during COVID-19". Saturday Magazine. 2020-05-16. Retrieved 2021-01-07.