Wikipedia talk:Twinkle/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 1||Archive 2|
- 1 Awesome tool
- 2 It appear to be doing nothing...
- 3 Double restore buttons
- 4 rollback working in new tabs
- 5 I can't get it to work
- 6 For you how get the no editform error all the time
- 7 What does twinklewarn do?
- 8 Watched pages
- 9 More incompatibility
- 10 Edit summary with "TWINKLE
- 11 Speedy Delete marked as minor?
- 12 Simply not working anymore...
- 13 Keeps adding reverts I make to my watchlist
This is an amazing script - thanks! I have one suggestion for a possible future release - would it be possible to include a tab with some of the single-level templates? I'm thinking '3rr', 'welcome', 'welcomeip', 'summary', and whatever else you think would be useful from here. Thanks again for an awesome tool that makes vandalism patrol a million times easier! - RJASE1 16:43, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
- Oops, just noticed you already have '3rr' in there...never mind. Would love some of the other common templates, though - 'SpellCheck' is another one that would be handy. - RJASE1 16:47, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
It appear to be doing nothing...
It appears to do nothing, I see no visual diffrence over not using anything. Here is my monobook.js file. Not sure whats wrong, would appriciate it if someone could help me fix it.--RyanB88 21:00, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- Hmm, perhaps you have a bit too many inclusions there :/ →AzaToth 21:18, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
You only need to copy the first box. The other boxes are if you would want just a certain module. Don't copy all of the boxes (err...) --Gadget850 ( Ed) 19:22, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
- I see we now have a warning not to do that :-) --Gadget850 ( Ed) 21:06, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
rollback working in new tabs
any way this can work so i can middle click (to open in a new tab) a rollback? i often have to sweep down a line of contribs (as a non-admin) on a vandal or linkspammer and get 20 some rollbacks. i can do this with a simple middle-click for each rollback with your old rollback script, and i'd have a slew of tabs that i'd close when they were done chugging along. twinklefluff doesn't do anything in a new tab. JoeSmack Talk 09:24, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
I can't get it to work
- In the future, push CTRL + SHIFT + R (in firefox) to reload your scripts. It is CTRL + F5 in IE. ffm yes? 23:59, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
For you how get the no editform error all the time
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t164274-whats-this-http1270011043jscgip.html might give a clue. →AzaToth 02:37, 12 February 2007 (UTC)
What does twinklewarn do?
I have added all these scripts from the first pre box on the page, and I have seen some great changes. However, I can't find any warning links on any pages, User talk or History. Here is my monobook.js; can anyone confirm I've installed the scripts correctly, and explain what is supposed to change/appear and where? — Tuvok [T@lk/Improve me] 23:43, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
- Never mind, I figured it out. I have to revert an edit to get the extra tabs. However, why is it that all edits made with Twinkle are marked as minor? Talk page edits are almost never minor, and vandalism reverts often aren't. Can this be changed using configuration variables within monobook.js? — Tuvok[T@lk/Improve me] 23:53, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
- I found the config variables for not marking reverts as minor (thanks to all who added the extra options on the content page), but Talk page edits are still being automatically marked as minor. Can this be turned off as well? Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this question. — Tuvok[T@lk/Improve me] 07:52, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
Ok, first I was annoyed that it kept adding pages I reverted to my watchlist, but I was able to figure out how to stop that. Now, any page on my watchlist that I revert using Twinkle suddenly disappears from my watchlist. How do I stop that?. auburnpilot talk 02:16, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
- I would be interested to know too. I'm not so bothered about the pages that were never on my watchlist, just the ones which were which have been unwatched after a revert and have escaped my notice. Bubba hotep 14:19, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
When I added the configuration, I thought about a usecase that will probably never happen, to remove a watched page from watchlist on revert, I'll remove the override parameter, and lets the original parameter specify more generally. →AzaToth 16:12, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
- I still don't know how to stop TWINKLE from adding pages to my watchlist... Can someone post instructions? User: Hdt83 | Talk/Chat 04:21, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
What is the current behaviour of TWINKLE when reverting a page that is on my watchlist, but TWINKLE's preference is to not add reverted pages to the watchlist. Will my watched page remain watched? Or will it become unwatched? Sancho McCann (talk) 21:17, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
I must say, this is rankling my nerves a lot. It removes any buttons at the top that other JS files are putting in. See my old monobook: . Now I don't have the u-space, e-count, user rights, block log, afd relist, or afc accept/rejection buttons (only ones I could immediately think of). But I really liked those! Could you please work on the script so it doesn't break other buttons? Thanks. Part Deux 09:29, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
- That's probably nothing I can do anything about, the problem is probably you having to low resolution to be able to see all tabs, these scripts doesn't remove any tabs, so if it's not your resolution problem, then probably it's a problem in some of your older scripts, try to update them first before complaining again. →AzaToth 12:42, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
- After considerable tweaking, I've located the problem: Wikipedia:WikiProject User scripts/Scripts/Add LI menu/css appears to be making it so only a certain number of buttons will show up (i.e., when I remove the stylesheet, the missing buttons disappear). Several buttons are liable to disappear with the script on, but which button disappears seems to be different every time. Part Deux 13:46, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
Edit summary with "TWINKLE
Could you change the default for this to something that makes it a little bit more clear? Usually if someone links to a WP: page in an edit summary, that is the guideline page, etc. which they are referring to as the reasoning for their action. AWB has "using AWB" as its summary addendum. 126.96.36.199 00:32, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
Speedy Delete marked as minor?
I don't see this covered but I just noticed that when use the db (reason) button, it seems to mark it as a minor edit. That doesn't seem right. I don't seem to see an config item for this. Am I missing something? It just seems like it shouldn't be minor. PigmanTalk to me 20:38, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
Simply not working anymore...
All of a sudden when I click "Db(Csd)" and the panel opens up to give me a choice of what to do when I want to tag a page for speedy deletion. When I click a choice nothing happens. Normally when I clicked the little bubble box it automatically started to work to add a tag and warn the user. Now it does nothing and stays in the panel.Wikidudeman (talk) 08:43, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
- I have tested, and it works for me. If it wasn't just a temporary problem, please call again. →AzaToth 16:07, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
Keeps adding reverts I make to my watchlist
How do I make it stop adding stuff I've reverted for vandalism to my watchlist? TheQuandry 02:21, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
- Not that I really mind this, but I would like to know how as well. Cheers, Moreschi Request a recording? 09:46, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
You could try...
markWarningsAsMinor : true, markAIVReportAsMinor : true, markSpeedyPagesAsMinor : true,
Make sure all are true.
Then go to "preferences" and check "Hide minor edits from the watchlist".
Or alternatively you could try..
watchRevertedPages : [ 'agf', 'norm', 'vand', 'torev'] markRevertedPagesAsMinor : [ 'agf', 'norm', 'vand', 'torev' ]
If you don't want to force watching of pages you have reverted on, then remove the unvanted actions from
watchRevertedPages : [ 'agf', 'norm', 'vand', 'torev'],
If you don't want to watch anything, set the query to
watchRevertedPages : ,
Remember though that default per settings is always applied in that case, so if you per settings is watching everything, then it will still be added to watchlist. →AzaToth 16:12, 27 February 2007 (UTC)