|When and Where|
|Date||Wednesday, February 17, 2021|
|Time||7:00 pm – 8:30 pm|
Wikimedia New York City invites you to attend its monthly WikiWednesday Salon on Wednesday, February 17, from 7:00 pm - 8:30 PM. No experience of anything at all is required. All are welcome!
All attendees are subject to Wikimedia NYC's Code of Conduct.
- Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2021
- Time: 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm, with time for breakout rooms from 8 - 8:30
- Location: Online! See "How to connect" below.
How to connect via ZoomEdit
How to connect: To join just follow this url: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89243725944
If you have not used Zoom before, you will be prompted to download its launcher program. It works on PC, Mac, and Linux. If necessary, you can also connect through Zoom's iOS or Android app, which you can find on the zoom.us website. As a last resort, you can also dial in by phone, calling (646) 876-9923 and enter the meeting ID (892 4372 5944). Please keep in mind that if you dial in by phone you will be able to listen, but will miss all visuals.
This month's facilitator is Pharos.
- Zoom etiquette
- Welcome + Introductions
- Recent Events
- Upcoming Events
- Technology and Labour Edit-A-Thon, February 19th - 21st
- Black Wiki History Month at the Schomburg Center (with AfroCROWD), February 25th, 1:30PM - 5:00PM EST
- COVID-19 and Information Equity in New York City Edit-a-thon hosted by Sure We Can (Online), February 27th, 11AM - 1PM EST, with optional breakout rooms
- WikiWomen's History Month Edit-a-thon with the Metropolitan Museum of Art, March 6th, 12:30PM - 2:30PM EST
- Did you know that when you create a new article you can get it featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did You Know section? Did you know that we'll have a demo to show how to do this?
- Share + Discuss (please add any recent Wikimedia projects/events/activities you'd like to share with the group or open for discussion):
- Are there any questions about Wikimedia projects you'd like to ask?
- How do Wikipedia's pictures wind up everywhere? Why are they all from a certain perspective? (please edit this question as needed)
- What is a good beginner's resource?
- Vote in Wikimedia Steward elections till 26 February
- meta:Stewards/Elections 2021
- Stewards are trusted, multilingual Wikimedia volunteer administrators
- They handle big problems as a last resort, particularly for wiki language versions with no administrators
- Voting is good wiki citizenship. Also, Wikimedia NYC encourages development of multilingual social support.
- HChasse90 (talk) 18:31, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- Scottandrewhutchins (talk) 23:07, 17 February 2021 (UTC)
- kosboot (talk) 23:58, 17 February 2021 (UTC)