Wikipedia:Criteria for speedy deletion/Overturned speedy deletions
|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference.|
Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.
This page catalogs a list of known speedy deletions that were subsequently overturned, organized by criterion. The deleting admins are not named here because the focus is on informing policy discussion and learning about common mistakes, not blaming users for their mistakes. This information is gathered from Wikipedia:Deletion review and deletion logs.
Currently this covers DRVs between 16 August 2008 and 18 January 2009. There are also some articles listed here that never went to DRV, and were restored either by another admin or by the original admin after they changed their mind - I've gone from 20:29, 14 January 2009 to 12:05, 16 January 2009 for these. Each section is sorted in reverse order by the date of its DRV discussion, or if it has none, by the date at which the article was most recently restored. Feel free to add your own overturned speedy deletions if they're not listed here.
In order to make this page more useful, it excludes some benign types of overturned speedy deletions. These include:
- Cases where the page was tagged for speedy deletion but declined and never deleted.
- Cases where the admin undid their own deletion within a few minutes, after reconsidering it.
- Cases where the article was only restored (or allowed to be recreated) after being rewritten to address the problems raised by the speedy deletion.
Despite these exceptions, not all of these represent incorrect deletions; in some cases they represent deletions that were valid, but were undone for some other reason, such as if the deletion warranted further discussion. These are important to retain because they may point to overbroad criteria.
- 1 General
- 1.1 G1 - Patent nonsense
- 1.2 G2 - Test pages
- 1.3 G3 - Pure vandalism
- 1.4 G4 - Recreation of deleted material
- 1.5 G5 - Created by banned user
- 1.6 G6 - Housekeeping
- 1.7 G7 - Author requests deletion
- 1.8 G8 - Pages dependent on missing pages
- 1.9 G9 - Office actions
- 1.10 G10 - Attack pages
- 1.11 G11 - Blatant advertising
- 1.12 G12 - Copyright infringement
- 2 Articles
- 3 Redirects
- 4 Files
- 4.1 F1 - Redundant
- 4.2 F2 - Corrupt or empty image
- 4.3 F3 - Improper license
- 4.4 F4 - No license information
- 4.5 F5 - Unused non-free image
- 4.6 F6 - No free use rationale
- 4.7 F7 - Invalid fair-use claim
- 4.8 F8 - Available on Commons
- 4.9 F9 - Blatant copyright infringement
- 4.10 F10 - Useless media files
- 4.11 F11 - No evidence of permission
- 5 Categories
- 6 User pages
- 7 Templates
- 8 Portals
- 9 Out of process
G1 - Patent nonsenseEdit
G2 - Test pagesEdit
G3 - Pure vandalismEdit
G4 - Recreation of deleted materialEdit
G5 - Created by banned userEdit
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Wilhelm Lautenbach
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Stanislav Menshikov (see Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/IncidentArchive541#Poor_judgment_and_questionable_timing_on_a_speedy_deletion)