White Claw Hard Seltzer
White Claw Hard Seltzer is an alcoholic seltzer water beverage owned by Mark Anthony Brands, who also owns Mike's Hard Lemonade. The malted beverage was introduced in 2016. It is sold under six different 100-calorie (per 12 fluid ounces), 5% ABV flavors that include Black Cherry, Ruby Grapefruit, Natural Lime, Raspberry, Mango, and Pure Hard Seltzer (unflavored). White Claw is made from a blend of seltzer water, a gluten-free alcohol base, and fruit flavor.
|Manufacturer||White Claw Seltzer Works|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Alcohol by volume||5%|
|Ingredients||Purified carbonated water, alcohol, natural flavors, natural cane sugar, citric acid, sodium citrate|
In the summer of 2019, it was reported that White Claw accounted for over half of all total hard seltzer sales; volume sales of White Claw grew 275% over the year prior. Nielsen Media Research reported that White Claw was the top growth brand for the week of July 4, 2019.
White Claw has a shelf life of about 12 months.
Due to the increase in volume sales in the United States, Mark Anthony Brands put into place an allocation distribution practice to ensure that the hard seltzer can continue to be sold in all markets. Senior vice president of marketing Sanjiv Gajiwala stated that White Claw will continue the practice until all stocks are in a "safe position". Stores that sell out of the hard seltzer will not receive an increase in volume distribution while the allocation is in place.
- Bernot, Kate (May 29, 2019). "What's the best-tasting hard seltzer?". thetakeout.com. Retrieved June 23, 2019.
- Bernstein, Joshua M. (June 21, 2019). "Like LaCroix, but With a Buzz". The New York Times. Retrieved June 23, 2019.
- Press Release (June 24, 2016). "Mark Anthony Brands Introduces White Claw Hard Seltzer". Brewbound. Retrieved July 26, 2019.
- "White Claw® Hard Seltzer | Made Pure®". www.whiteclaw.com. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
- Bernot, Kate (July 26, 2019). "Why are people obsessed with White Claw?". The Takeout. Retrieved July 26, 2019.
- Kendall, Justin (July 17, 2019). "Nielsen: Total Beer Dollar Sales Up 5 Percent During July 4 Holiday Week". Brewbound. Retrieved July 26, 2019.
- Valinsky, Jordan (September 16, 2019). "Why America has a White Claw shortage". CNN Business. Retrieved September 18, 2019.
- Valinsky, Jordan (September 6, 2019). "America is running out of White Claw hard seltzer". CNN Business. Retrieved September 18, 2019.