Westfarms (also referred to as Westfarms Mall) is an upscale shopping mall located seven miles (11 km) southwest of Hartford, Connecticut. The mall sits on the town line between Farmington and West Hartford, and takes its name from the two. The mall was developed, and is managed by, The Taubman Company. It is the third largest indoor mall in the state.
|Location||1500 New Britain Ave, West Hartford, CT 06110 (at intersection of I-84 & Route 9)|
|Opening date||October 1974|
|Developer||The Taubman Company|
|Owner||The Taubman Company|
|No. of stores and services||Over 160|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,271,000 square feet (118,100 m2) leaseable area|
|No. of floors||2 (3 in main Macy's)|
|Parking||Free Parking/Outdoor & Garage|
Westfarms is located on Connecticut Route 71, not far from the intersection of Interstate 84 and Connecticut Route 9, which both have exits near the mall. The retail strip housing Westfarms is situated between the towns of West Hartford, Farmington, Newington, and New Britain and is surrounded by additional shopping plazas.
Since 2006, Westfarms has been anchored by Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor, JCPenney, and Macy's, which is split into two anchor locations. At its prime in the 1980s, Westfarms was one of the premier shopping malls in the northeast, as of 2019 the mall features more than 160 shops in total. Westfarms offers a mix of stores and restaurants, many of which are unique to the Hartford area.
- "Westfarms". Taubman. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- "Media". Westfarms. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- Stoller, Kristin (December 13, 2014). "Westfarms GM Looks Back On 40 Years At Mall". Hartford Courant. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-09-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Top Shopping Malls In Connecticut". CBS Connecticut. April 17, 2012. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- "Dining". Westfarms. Retrieved November 29, 2018.